Monday, August 9, 2010

Electrical Outage and a Temple Visit

I was sewing along for my Colcasac client, all of a sudden the electricity went out.....I called the electricity company...they said it would be out for  most of the day.....o.k.  so, now what to do....sew myself a dress I had cut out last month, but didn't have time to sew...NO, cook something....NO, watch a favorite movie...NO....I was amazed how dependendant I was on electricity to do most anything.

I called the Megaplex Theatre to see if they were out, the phone rang forever...so that was out too.  I'm a doer, I like to be busy...I took the Bowzer outside to do his thing, and had that great view of the temple across the fields....so after Bowzer finished his business I went in and called the temple.....they were open.

I jumped in the shower and got all ready to go in the dark, just as I was ready to walk out the door on came the lights....I figured that I might as well go. I got there and it was about a 45 minute wait, I decided to get some sealing work done...no waiting.  When we were about ready to start the lady next to me said she wasn't feeling very well, so I walked her down stairs, we got her names, went back up, had her wait in the waiting room....I went in got them done and took them back out to her...and we walked down again to the dressing room.  She had driven up from Kanosh for an MRI and was just getting well from major spleen surgery....so I guess my electrical outage was a blessing for her to get some extra help as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment