Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Patio Mouse still resides at our House

Ugh I hate the little varmit.  Went outside to the patio to check on our little mouse......he (I will call him a "HE" because it is easier to kill a "him", then to think of doing it to a mother and children.)  Anyway, the whole brick of rat bait had been pulled to the side behind my Dad's military trunk.  I looked around the corner of that and he had eaten all of the brick....I'm pretty sure there is only one mouse.....hence my "he" thought.  So, I moved the furniture around and checked all the corners, looked in the igloo dog house, nada nada, nada.  Where did he go????

Later during the week I was sitting at the sewing machine in front of the patio window.....and I saw the flicker of a mousie tail jumping from the military trunk (which was under my enamel topped table) up under the table and into the drawer....I was so digusted, why hadn't he died by now.  What was keeping this super mouse from biting the dust....when I had used this same poison in St. George.....I saw the mouse running acrosss the room in broad daylight and keel over mid-step right before my eyes.  I wanted the same thing to happen again...but NO, he is still alive running around, pooping in my drawer, and all over my patio.

I told Sage "grab your camera" as we ran out there and tried to get him, once I pulled out the drawer, he jumped down behind the trunk, which I tried pulling out and smashing him....we are screaming, laughing, documenting on film as he tucked himself under the wall edging, just making himself small enough to miss the slam....mean while Sage has her video camera, trying to film the whole event....he must have known 'cause he kept going back and forth on both sides of the trunk peeking his head out and smiling for his 20 minutes of fame. HA!

Well, we finally gave up,  I did pull the drawer out, so I could clean it out, and keep it from more mousie residue....we will keep an eye on the situation and keep you informed of HOPEFULLY his timely death.

No comments:

Post a Comment